Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let's see if your moral compass is askew

Last year I was sent the following link by a friend:




Before you read any further please click on the previous link and complete the quiz. The proceeding email chain will make much more sense to you.



The following is the discussion that occurred between myself and my friends regarding the slaughtering of children.


From: Higgy

To: J-Hova, Thomper, Mills, The General

Subject: Let's see if you actually have a moral compass

Date: Dec 20, 2007 11:33 am

Since I do not have one, my number is 27....what's yours? http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/


From: J-Hova

I'm a wuss. I could only take 19. haha. I did love the question about using kids as weapons!


From: Mills

I could take 23. That was funny. The fighting dirty question was easy!


From: Higgy

If you could do this to a kid, then you definitely can raise your number to 30. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/20/mortal.kombat.ap/index.html


From: Thomper

I can take on 30. I must be a bastard


From: The General

Apparently I'm the only one of us with any morals at all because I could only take 18. There's something scary wrong with both Thomper and Higgy.


From: Higgy

It's truly all about our reach, our ability to handle a Zerg swarm in Starcraft and our ingenuity when it comes to using a child's lifeless body as a weapon against the other children. I've heard two strategies thus far from my co-workers as to how to approach this, let me know if what you think.

1) Isolate one helpless child and give that child a swift kick to the head ala Chuck Norris. This will immediately set the tone of carnage to the other children which will not only intimidate, but send the child swarm running away making each individual child easier to off.

2) My idea is to grab one child by the legs and swing the child around knock his/her head into the heads of the other children swarming around me. Not only will this knock out the child who's unconscious body is in my hands, but the charging children horde as well. This is a quick and effective way of knocking out at least 8 children per child nunchuck which is a good ratio for me. This only lasts as long as the child's cranium remains attached to the body. By the time I use 3 child nunchucks, I will be exhausted but the 27 children will perish.

Thoughts? Concerns? Better strategies?

From: Thomper

I plan to simply step on all of them.

5 year old bastards


From: The General

Higgy, you've got more issues than I have words for right now. That being said, I agree with your strategy, and if I got in a pinch would definitely use the ankle-spin/cranial-hammer technique. However, you do have to remember that these are five year olds, and therefore are easily turned against one another. All you would have to say to one kid is that another kid is going to kill his/her dog and you'll start an all-out Lord of the Flies hunting between them. It's all about coercion. Just play it out until all of the kids hate each other. Then make a bracket. Through this technique, you can put on a Mortal Kombat type tournament and then have to only turn one defenseless child (the winner of the tournament, who is most likely already hurt and tired) into a crimson pile of human flesh. That's just my thoughts on the issue.


From: Higgy

Pure genius, only you would use an allusion as a strategy in killing children. Good for you General....Good for you.

I do have to give the General credit. For admitting to have such high morals, he was the only one to truly acknowledge my child nunchuk idea and retort with a much more devious method and describe mauling one child into a "crimson pile of flesh." Psychological warfare is not only smart but is quite underhanded. I'm impressed.

These are the types of things my friends and I do to pass the time at our corporate jobs. I can't imagine what I could do in the corporate world if I didn't waste my time imagining myself in an inprobable situation where merciless Children of the Corn surrounded me in a basketball gym attempting to knock me into oblivion. How I've lived this long, I don't know.

No comments: